Thursday, February 24, 2011

Bio-all about this sassy flight attendant.

First of all thanks to everyone who has read my blog so far. I am just getting started and the support on here and twitter has been great. I thought I would set aside a blog and introduce myself to everyone who is reading. Ill just say my first name and it is Krista. I am 24 and from North Carolina. Born and raised in NC and I love it. I started out as a flight attendant when I had just turned 21. I had no clue what I was doing. Since high school the idea of being a fa had been in the back of my mind since probably I was in high school. I didn't pursue the idea until I was about 20 after a extremely bad break up. Ill go back a little further and explain. I had went to a community college after high school. First of all school is NOT for me. I wanted to please my family and try school for a semester. While I was in college a chance to move to Orlando and work for Disney happened. I jumped on that opportunity. I am so glad I did I have no regrets about that. While I was down there working and having the time of my life I did meet a guy and we really hit it off. At the time I was 19 and I had thought oh my gosh I have met my soul mate and I am going to get my Disney happily ever after. The fall of 2007 hit pretty hard with the relationship. Out of no where he just left me. The first love of my life just up and gone. A couple of days later he was already dating other women. Ok WTF?! I was extremely hurt and had no other way of dealing with the pain. I have never ran away from anything in my life, I never ran away from home when I was younger. A week after he left me I did the unthinkable. I packed everything I had into my small car and at midnight started driving back to NC. For most of the trip I cried. I had such a fun job at Disney world and I just up and left. After getting back to my mothers house and being unemployed she gave me 2 options. Go back to school or get a job, Well I didn't want to go back to school. So I started looking for jobs, Not much luck as far as full times with benefits. So the idea came back in my head well hey I am going to go be a flight attendant. I am really going to do it. So I started searching and searching for a flight attendant job. I had no clue again what I was doing. If anyone starting out in the industry trying to find a flight attendant job is HARD. I found out about a open house in my home town for a airline (that no longer exists btw) well about 400 people showed up for this open house. So I wasn't the only one who wanted to be a flight attendant. I kept searching for other airlines. I did find out about another open house so I decided to go to that one. It was for a commuter airline out of Phoenix. I was the only person who showed up. About a week later I found out that I had gotten the job. YAY I am going to be a flight attendant.....OMG I am going to be a flight attendant!!! And that's when my career started. I cant say anything bad about this company because they gave me my start. I am with a different airline at the time, its still a commuter airline but I love the aircraft and for the most part I do like the company I work for, In the past 3 years I have been based in Chicago ohare, Washington Dulles, Charlotte, Philly and now my home town of Greensboro. Which is awesome I love being based in the town I grew up in. I live with my faience 2 birds a cat and a fish. As you can tell my love life has turned around. My sassy attitude just comes natural. I have always been that way. I have always been the one to tell it like it is and I don't hold back. It has been hard to hold back from telling passengers what I really think about what is going on. But I do love my job and I want to keep it, My goals are set very high and I hope to one day work for every ones favorite airline flying the magic school bus. If you haven't figured that out then I am not sure what to tell you. As I heard on a awesome podcast that if you can make it past 5 years as a flight attendant then you will probably be doing it for the long haul. Well I am at 3 years and I plan on doing this for a while. A long while! Again thanks for everyone who reads. I am on twitter thesassyfa or my email is thesassyfa@yahoo.com.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad I found your blog! I love it! I am an aspiring flight attendant. After I graduated from college I just realized I didn't want a 9-5 office job..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being tied down to a 9-5 kinda thing wasnt me either, thats probably why I did bad in school. I knew there was more out there.

    ReplyDelete