Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Airplane mode and purses

Airplane mode is on most smart phones and it's a great idea. I'll put my iPhone on airplane mode when I don't want to be bothered! Most passengers well any that can't be disconnected from their phone fail to understand the point of airplane mode. It's designed to cut off all transmitting functions so you can still play games and read saved emails on the device, it does NOT exempt you from turning off your ELECTRONIC device when asked by the flight attendants. For example I am doing a safety check before take off, I see someone playing the ever so addicting angry birds on their phone. I'll ask the device be turned off for departure. The response I always get is, "it is off" STOP right there!! Clearly the device it's self is not off because you are playing on it. I get it, it's not transmitting a signal however the FARs require any electronic device with a on and off switch be completely turned off for departure and landing. So sorry but you will have to put your device away and maybe read a magazine or look out the window until we reach 10 thousand feet.

Ladies, the purse is a carry on, you carried it on didn't you. Yes it must be stowed! And not in your lap. I'm used to the nasty looks and the eye rolls but I promise your purse will not grow legs and just out of the over head bin or underneath the seat in front of you. And if someone wants to rob your purse, where are they going to go? It's a airplane they can't go far! I thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment