Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Tales of the Tattle Tails

I get it not everyone is going to be a perfect angel on board the aircraft. I know I've told someone over and over to turn off your phone! If someone is in violation of a federal regulation I'm going to correct it. If I miss something well then I guess I'm not doing my job. Some sassy advice, if your seat mate isn't following directions don't tattle tail! That's the person you will be sitting next to for however long the flight is. Don't start out on the wrong foot. If they are texting or using a iPod let ME the flight attendant correct it.  The other day while working in the aft position of my aircraft, a passenger kept looking at me and calling my attention to everything.  The boarding door was still open and passengers were still getting on the plane.  She said to me that her seatmate was on his phone.  I explained to her that he can be on his phone until the boarding door closes.  The door closed and I could hear him telling the person on the phone I love you and will call when I land.  The phone had been turned off.  The lady again said she was not comfortable with her seat mate because he used a phone on a airplane.  We had a open row so I offered it to her (hoping that she would mind her business).  The whole flight it was tattle after tattle after tattle.  More like wining if you ask me!  She kept telling me the person in front of her was using a laptop and iPod.  I once again explained to her that when a plane is at its cruising altitude electronic equipment such as that can be used.  I  broke down and asked her if there was anything she wanted to talk about or that I can do to make her flight more enjoyable.  She told me she has not flown since the 1970s and had no clue what she or anyone else was doing.  I smiled and told her not to worry about anything, I am here for your safety.  I asked if I could get her anything and she said well yes I want the strongest bloody marry you can make.  She had her bloody marry and slept for the rest of the flight.  Thank God for Vodka!!

1 comment: