Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Things to do on layovers!

Besides sleep......

If your hotel is near a car dealership go test drive a fun car.  Yes you may get the sales pitch but who cares.  It's a free ride around your location and you never know what you may find! 

Check out local bands.  If your layover time permits and your in a downtown location go to a near by bar or pub if a local band is performing a gig.  I've done this before and the people I met were amazingly nice.  Good or bad music you can really never go wrong with a local band.

Eat at a local diner.  You can eat mcdonalds any where but if a town has a diner or a dish they are known for try something different.  The idea for this came about when I was watching the tv show man vs food.

Take a tour.  For example Atlanta visit the coke faculty or weather channel or CNN. Seattle visit the boeing museum. Boston visit Fenway park.  The list of tours goes on and on!

Sing karaoke!  Something about being away from home and being in front of people you will never see again takes my stage fright away.  Of corse a shot of liquid courage is always a plus!

Get a tattoo.  Well maybe your not the tattoo type but I am.  I have five and want more.  I had a overnight in Austin and the entire crew got tattoos!  No regrets there.  

Visit a theme park.  Of corse this is for the roller coaster types and if your layover is long enough.

This list is just a few things I have done on layovers.  I love my rest and sometimes I just slam click but for the times I dont I take full advantage of my layover.  Big cities and little towns are always Full of any excitement you just have to find it! Get to know your crew better and meeting locals is fun.  Of corse this list goes on and on!  Get out and be creative

No comments:

Post a Comment