Monday, February 14, 2011

FYI the seat back pocket is not a trash can....

It's the most common thing when cleaning up after a flight. No matter how many times us flight attendants walk thru the cabin with a trash bag, trash still ends up in the seat back pocket. I always ask passengers, "can I take your newspaper?", "can I take your empty coke bottle?". Sometimes they will hand me their trash, but most of the time the response is "no I am taking my newspaper with me." The newspaper ok I can understand but when I ask for your empty coke bottle and you tell me you are taking it with you...I'm thinking bull s**t! I can't put my finger on the reason some passengers don't want to hand me their garbage out of the seat back pocket. It's your trash, you put it there, just hand it to me!! I get really ticked off when I ask for someones trash and they say "no I am taking it with me" and then while I am cleaning up the trash is still there! The purpose of a seat back pocket is to hold reading material, such as the required safety information card. The airlines will also put the in flight magazine and everyones favorite SkyMall. While I am on the subject of seat back pockets I want to say please don't stow your laptops there. Yes, it's convenient but as my company manual says the seat back pockets are not placarded for weight, therefor only reading material can be placed there. Let's face it, this plane makes a sudden stop while on the runway, those laptops are going to come flying right out. And guess who is going to get hit in the face? ME! I am the one who will be evacuating the aircraft if we have too. I don't want to be knocked in the face with your silly laptop! So folks, the sassy moral of todays story is, don't put your trash in the seat back pocket. Don't put your laptop or anything else there. Just properly stow your items in the over head bin or underneath the seat in front of you.

1 comment:

  1. I like your "Sassy Moral" of the story! You should blog about your Shedding for the Wedding progress too!

    ReplyDelete