Thursday, February 17, 2011

It's not rocket science....

I probably have the most amusing job on the planet. I secretly laugh at a lot of things I see everyday. Probably the most fun in the lavatory door. Granted all planes are different, most standarderd lav doors just need to be pushed open or pulled open. The one on my aircraft has a typical door knob, like the one at home. I suppose the people at Embraier wanted to make things simple for us "stupid Americans". It never fails while boarding at least one person will come to use the airplane lav, first off why the heck would you wait until boarding the aircraft to use the lavatory?!!! I can understand if you had to run across the terminal to make this connection, but seriously if anyone who has time to use the restroom out in the terminal before boarding I strongly recommend using that one. Those restrooms are so much cleaner, I'll be honest I do not and seriously will never clean a airplane lav. I hate going in there to wash my hands. The lavs get cleaned at the end of the day. So if that plane flew 6 segments, think about all the people who went in there. Yuck!! Again I say please use the terminal restrooms. Ok getting back to the funny part. The other day a lady came to the back galley to use the lav. She looked at me ( while I was eating and reading) and said ok which door? Well let's see (yes I said this to her) you have door number one (2L-the left exit) door number two (the lav door) and door number three (2R), pick one and I hope you pick the right one because I am not coming after you. She looked at me and after a long pause (I guess she was really thinking about this one) she laughed and said oh I get it! She looks at the lav door and knocks on it. I said there is no one in there. She looked at me again and pulled on the door knob. Looking at me again she said there is someone in there it's locked. No sweetie it's a door knob just open the door. Confused she figured out how to open the door, the rest was up to her because I wasn't going to help. It's so common for passengers to pull on the door knob, I'm not sure why but have at it! You will be pulling on the door for a long time! Another sassy moral for the story is, use caution when opening the lav door maybe read the sign that says push or pull so the flight attendants won't laugh at you!

No comments:

Post a Comment