Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Dirty old man

The title says it all.  We have all had that dirty, old man on the plane.  While boarding a flight back to Philadelphia from Atlanta a old man walked to the back galley.  I saw him coming and assumed he was looking for the lav.  He looked at me and I opened the lav door.  People seem to be thrown off by 3 doors in the back.  2 of the doors that say EXIT on them so you would think finding the bathroom would be simple.  Anyway, he looks at me and says thank you, your such a nice young beautiful lady.  Why thank you! Then he caught me off guard as he grabed my hand and kissed it.  Umm ok.   Later on durning the beverage service, lucky me I get to ask him if he would like a drink.  So I asked him if he wanted a drink.  He said well how about a kiss.  I told him I'm sorry but I can't do that.  So he pulls on my arm and told me the guy next to him was gay and if he wasn't he would ask me out.  But since his seat mate was gay and he wasn't he tried to kiss me! Ughhh sick!! I pulled back from his grip on my arm and said NO!! I showed him my one karat dimond engagement ring and said sorry I am taken, do you want something to drink?  He kept blowing kisses at me and said I'll take water.  I gave him his water and he kept blowing me kisses.  Then he started to hit on the other flight attendant I was working with.    While she was collecting trash he grabbed her too!  She later told me that the man smelled like booze.  That's great he was a weird   drunk old man.  

As if my trip this week hasn't been drama filled we take another delay going to Toronto last night.  And it was due to crew availability.  If you read my post from yesterday then you know we had to switch my captain.  The captain that went to key west was coming back up to Philadelphia to meet up with us and go to Toronto.  Turns out his flight from charlotte to Philadelphia was delayed due to a broken airplane (go figure).  My first officer didn't receive word our captain would be late until after we had finished boarding.  It was 8:30 and the captain would arrive until 9:45.   We decided to deplane so the passengers wouldn't be trapped on the plane.  The gate agent made a announcement that all passengers must get off the plane, and to bring their boarding pass and passport with them.  That's when all hell broke loose.  People started yelling at us and demanding free drinks.  You would have thought you were at a sporting event.  I don't mind comping a drink for customer service but not if your demanding I do it.  Doesn't work that way!  My head is spinning from this blog post!  About a hour later we are on our way.  

Today is go home day and I want it to be drama free

No comments:

Post a Comment