Monday, April 11, 2011

Something smells

And it's not the lav!  It's a smell of burning rubber.  I was working in the back galley and it happened on the ground (thank god) in Sarasota FL right before boarding to go back to Washington DC.  Clearly it's not a normal smell so I informed the other flight attendant, who agreed the smell wasn't normal.  We informed the captain who wanted to get it checked out right away.   5 hours later the flight cancels and the company sent our own mechanics down on another flight since the contract mechanic couldn't find where the smell was coming from.    After wasting away on a airplane for 5 hours and being hassled by the ground crew we were all tired.  A well deserved cold brew by the pool was a must!  I am so thankful of this wonderful crew.  I always wonder who I will be working with when I pick up trips out of base.  Oh yeah I forgot to mention this entire four day trip was open time (flying on my days off).  As all airlines we have a few bad apples and no one wants to fly with them. But this crew is awesome!  So this morning we repositioned the plane back to DC (revenue flight with no passengers-"repo").  Repo flights are always fun, it's nice to see the pilots fly the plane and we get to relax or sleep in my case.  We lost a bunch of flying because of this but this is all extra flying for me so I don't mind! 

No comments:

Post a Comment